The Headstrong Project Inc. is a non-profit organization that works to create a more effective and equitable mental health choice for the nation’s veterans, military service members, and their connected families by generating access to quality trauma-informed care and innovating mental health delivery systems nationally.
Currently operating out of 15 states plus the District of Columbia, The Headstrong Project is a team of community-based clinical providers in private practice and others who seek to improve the quality of mental health care. By establishing and managing networks of providers without building brick and mortar facilities, The Headstrong Project maximizes fundraised dollars towards the delivery of care provided by our experienced trauma clinicians.
The Major Gifts and Foundations Director plays a pivotal role in The Headstrong Project’s fundraising efforts by cultivating and stewarding relationships with major donors and foundations. The primary goal of this position is to secure significant financial support to advance our mission and programs.
This position will sit in the Revenue team and report to the Senior Director of Major Gifts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Donor and Foundation Cultivation:
- Identify and research potential major donors and foundations aligned with our mission
- Develop and implement strategies to cultivate and nurture relationships with major donors and foundations
- Create personalized engagement plans for each major donor and foundation
- Prepare compelling and persuasive grant proposals and grant applications
- Effectively collaborate with program staff to gather necessary information and data for proposals
- Ensure all proposals and applications are submitted on time
- Collaborate with all departments of the Headstrong Team to ensure a cohesive and integrated fundraising approach
- Seek input from the Clinical Team on the development of proposals
- Implement stewardship plans to retain and upgrade major donors
- Arrange and participate in donor meetings, site visits, and events
- Provide regular updates and reports to major donors and foundations on the impact of their support
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date donor and foundation records in Salesforce
- Track all interactions and communications with major donors and foundations
- Oversee the management of foundation grants, ensuring compliance with grant agreements and reporting requirements
- Work closely with program staff to monitor and influence grant outcomes and impact
- Leadership and Strategy:
- Develop and communicate a clear vision and strategic plan for Revenue Operations
- Lead, inspire, and motivate team members to achieve departmental and organizational goals
- Provide leadership in setting departmental priorities, goals, and objectives
- Monitor industry trends and best practices to ensure the department remains competitive and innovative
- Recruit, hire, train, and mentor team members, as needed
- Conduct regular performance evaluations and provide constructive feedback
- Foster a collaborative and inclusive team culture that encourages creativity and innovation
- Address personnel issues and conflicts promptly and effectively
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., nonprofit management, communications, business, etc.).
- At least 7 years experience in fundraising, with at least 3 years in a management or leadership role
- Proven track record of successful major gifts and foundation fundraising
- Experience working in a nonprofit or mission-driven organization is preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to craft persuasive proposals and reports
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of donor databases and CRM systems
- Commitment to the mission and values of The Headstrong Project
- Confident self-starter
- Cause driven
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams
- Adaptable and flexible
- Strong communicator
- People oriented and results driven
- Strong data literacy skills
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Non-profit Management, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Proven experience in corporate partnerships, business development, or related roles, with a strong focus on new business development.
- Demonstrated success in cultivating and managing strategic partnerships with corporations.
- Excellent negotiation, communication, and presentation skills.
- Strong networking abilities with a track record of building and maintaining relationships with corporate stakeholders.
- Ability to think strategically, identify opportunities, and drive revenue growth.
- Understanding of corporate social responsibility (CSR) and philanthropy trends.
- Passion for the mission of the non-profit sector and a commitment to social impact.
Join our team at The Headstrong Project as the Director of Corporate Partnerships and lead our efforts to forge impactful relationships with corporations, driving our mission forward and making a difference in the community.
Location: Remote locations within the continental United States acceptable.
Compensation: Salary range for position ranges from $100,000 to $120,000 and is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package including comprehensive health, dental, vision and life insurance, 4 weeks of PTO per year. Flexible Spending Account plans for health and dependent care, a 401(k)-retirement plan with employer match. All benefits are eligible on Day 1 of employment.
The Headstrong Project Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. The Headstrong Project Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other category protected by law. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete an employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
The Headstrong Project reserves the right to perform background checks on all new hires.
Please send resumes to email@example.com.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.