The Headstrong Project Inc.
The Headstrong Project Inc. is a national mental health treatment practice of choice for our nation’s military, veterans, and their associated family members. Operating as a nonprofit, we offer stigma-free, evidence-based, trauma-focused treatment.
Our goal is to create more effective and equitable mental health choices for the nation’s veterans, military service members, and their connected families by generating access to quality trauma-informed care and innovating mental health delivery systems nationally.
Currently serving clients in more than 40 states plus the District of Columbia, The Headstrong Project is a team of community-based clinical providers in private practice and others who seek to improve the quality of mental healthcare. By establishing and managing networks of providers without building brick and mortar facilities, Headstrong maximizes fundraised dollars towards the delivery of care provided by our experienced trauma clinicians.
As a member of the three-person, executive leadership team (ELT), the Chief Operating Officer (COO) provides leadership and strategic vision to the organization. The right candidate will drive an effective, integrated operating model across the organization, incorporating all aspects of human capital, decision structures and process, technology platforms, and operating data. The COO will effectively communicate and foster growth among the executive team and all employees.
This is a vital leadership role that will drive results, spur growth and increase the overall efficiency of the organization. Reporting to the CEO, the COO works alongside the Chief Clinical Officer (CCO) to shape and deliver on the strategic imperatives of the organization. This role is also accountable to the Board of Directors, Finance Committee for the timely management and reporting of all controls (both Board imposed and regulatory) and audit requirements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Partner with CEO and Chief Clinical Officer in setting and driving organizational vision, strategy and business plan
- Translate strategy into organizational design, operating rhythm, business process and performance management
- Oversee company operating functions effectiveness and efficiency across human resources, finance, technology, business operations, marketing and development.
- Build a highly inclusive culture that ensures team members can thrive and that organizational goals are met
- Ensure effective recruiting, onboarding, professional development, performance management, and retention
- Continuously develop and improve systems, processes, controls and procedures that improve the overall quality, efficiency and productivity
- Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the company
- Build and maintain trusting relationships with key customers, clients, partners, and stakeholders
- Motivate and encourage employees at all levels as one of the key leaders in the company including but not limited to professional staff, management level employees and executive leadership team members
- Assist the CEO in meeting revenue targets
- Foster a growth oriented, positive and encouraging environment while keeping employees and management accountable to company policies, procedures and guidelines
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, or a related field required (MBA strongly preferred)
- Proven record of developing and executing on organization process improvements
- 5-10 years of executive level operational experience required
- Exceptional executive presence, business acumen and presentation skills
- Budgeting and/or financial focused mindset
- Experience leading with data-driven decision frameworks and clear KPI/OKRs
- Understanding of non-profit and veteran-specific regulatory issues desirable
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams
- “Roll up your sleeves” attitude towards leadership
Location: (TBD by hiring manager/HR)
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package including comprehensive health, dental, vision and life insurance, four weeks paid vacation, paid sick time, Flexible Spending Account plans for health and dependent care, a 401(k)-retirement plan with a generous employer match. All benefits are eligible on Day 1 of employment.
The Headstrong Project Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Headstrong Project Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other category protected by law. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete an employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Headstrong reserves the right to perform background checks on all new hires.
Please send resumes to email@example.com
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.